Monday, February 18, 2013

loving you

I may not always like myself
I may not quite approve
of the way my nose sits
or the way my stomach moves
I may wish I didnt think so much
wish I didn't talk
but the truth is that I wouldn't change a thing
I love myself a lot

Life seems to be a journey
of progression and experience
and if I wasn't me,
then who would I be?

A small brunette with a button nose
sweet voice and designer clothes
A curvy latin diva
with hair and eyes to kill
but if you move your body,
you'll always get your will
A lanky blonde athletic girl
with legs that won her medals
I'd wear jeans and Nike shirts
and still make 'em jealous

The funny thing about these people
though they may have their own fun
is my life wouldn't be the same
if of them I were one.
I wouldn't think the same weird thoughts
or hear the sounds I hear
I wouldn't see the skies or ground
the way I've grown so dear

I wouldn't love the live I have
or all the people in it
and I'd never have my one true soul
to remind me every minute

I may not always like myself
but I am glad I'm me
in another life, with another man
I'd never want to be

I love myself
loving you

No comments: