Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ignorant Trees

How many times have I said 
those words to a listener
far away, and heard a reply
after a sigh and a slight delay
how oft has the city
absorbed that as its own;
do these walls and these streets 
suppose the homage is paid
to my urban home?
Do the bricks and the trees here realize
that whispered or sung
they're meant for only one
And he is far far away
Are there people here in my city
with loved ones around the world?
or will the ign'rant reign forever more
blindly atop a weak throne
Do you know how much it means to me
and why I utter it so much?
our love is vast, and intricate
like the deserts dust
And while I never want to share you
I'll make sure the whole world knows
with each uttered line and symbol
You make the whole world feel like home
I love you.

No comments: