Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Lack of Color

Empty tones
hollow notes
enter my mind
fill in thoughts
I'd rather not
I think I won't
I'll wander out instead
anywhere that isn't here
this day started with sunshine
with colors bright and
breezes warm
the scents teased my heart
I could have stayed out all day
It's night time now
and nothing that was
is
anymore
its dark and cold
she's home again
tension and pressure
emanating from turned shoulders
empty conversation across the
airwaves
doing what must be done
all the bare minimums
show up here
say your piece
do this and that
and don't be late
I've done it all
all I can do
And into the stars I'll run
into the dark
where hues and shades fade fast
where looking back at planet earth
it seems beautiful at last

a lack of color
a solid darkness
no expectations
obligations
just you alone
and all you hold
is thought and known and felt
Just you, all you
and no one else
tonight is spent alone

No comments: