Saturday, February 23, 2013

Concrete Conversations

Something about concrete, cold, hard concrete.
Such a comfort,
it calls to me when I am down
Come; sit, lie down
rest your battered soul
don't worry about your body
the rain will wash it clean
and you'll feel better
curl up right here
in the dark right now
stay till dawns light
I'll make it better somehow
the pain will fade
and numb you'll be
sleep will come
and maybe dreams
when you arise
stiff and sore
just remember what you came here for
to forget
and to ignore
now you've done that and even more
You've made it to the shining dawn
you've passed the test
you can move on
now stretch your legs
get on your feet
be on your way
and dwell no more
on cold hard ground,
that isn't where life is found
But when your eyes
graze hallowed skies
you'll know you really are alive
Go, my child
and fear ye not
life may be hard
but so am I
And from me to you,
we both go on

No comments: