Monday, June 3, 2013

Sometimes a Shower

Prefontaine once explained
"There will always be clubs you cannot join..."
I can see them more and more
they are everywhere I go
A family
A team
those who are far better
those who don't restrict
some have lots more money
others have traveled far
the ones I find most frustrating
have gone and seen and done
but can't tell you, oh, its fun!
You'll learn when you are older
you'll see when you become
One day you'll be a part of us
if you can prove you have the guts
but until then
sit back, admire
apart from us, there is no higher!
And I look at, those fair folk
Accomplishment? I see none!
They have only been successful
at being wildly dumb
don't they know that learning
comes from many alike?
and that you'll never be more popular
than when your friends are diverse?
I don't want to be
part of your club!
or in your secret circles!
I only wish you'd see that I
have also thoughts of worth!
So keep your jackets
keep your shirts
I have my own club now
I think and ponder, even dream
under the lonely water's stream
the droplets dance upon my skin
the soap glides round my sides
even the shampoo sees more,
for it looks me in the eye

No comments: