Sunday, May 19, 2013

The SeeSaw

Bright red seesaw
in a beautiful park
we play and laugh for hours
up and down and
down and up
the adventure never stopped
from way up high
we could see
the sun and all 'twas underneath
and on the ground
the sky and stars
but my favorite thing
was looking up
seeing your face
smiling back down
as we would bounce
up and down
the seesaw went
it seemed unending fun
but soon your friends came over
they said you had it good
you smiled, agreed and winked at me
I thought I understood
you stayed up in the air and said
look at me, I've got the best!

Now I've been here
down on the ground
a great long while, you keep me down
And from your glorious perch above
you tell me all the things you see
I tell you what I see, you say
you see the same thing too
And isn't it lovely? You agree.
but the truth is that without me
you'd ne'er have such a view

Don't forget that it's a seesaw
and not a bright red ladder
you cannot live among the trees
without someone on the ground
and if they're weary of their place
Your ass might hit the ground

No comments: