Monday, January 7, 2013

a poorly written poem on a beautiful new story

I've never been a patient girl
my parents know that well
if there is something that I want
I'll make it happen now
the waiting game is not my best
Though I often have to play it
I wish I could have the best things now
and leave old age for the rest

I wish I could have more money
so I could go to school
I wish it didn't take clothes and food
to be considered cool
I wish I lived closer to you
but not outside my city
so lets just move the city too,
They'll appreciate new scenery.

I think I'd like to jump right now
to years that've yet to come
to future times and love and fun
that wait beyond the sun
I think you and I
should run away, just
pack some bags and run
I think we should go far from here
where our names are not yet known

I hope we make it through the years
of waiting for the day
when we won't be away any more,
when yours will be my name
some people think I'm crazy
and that they rightly must
for I've never been a girl whose
stories you could strictly trust

I've always loved a tale to tell
and often that I do
but I've never spun a single one
when it comes to you.
We made our own beginning
one I've never heard before
with cardboard swords and
flipping phones, did cupid teach you that?

Now for the middle and the end
will you help me write those too?
I'd like some love and laughter,
lets add adventure too!
Now you know I'm not a patient girl,
and a day spent writing is bliss
but you should know I'll meddle not,
for every moment in this story
is one I cannot miss

1 comment:

Lane said...

I love this one!! It's not poorly written at all. I love the addition of the cardboard swords and phone flipping ;) great poem!!