Sunday, December 9, 2012

In the name of the best within us: He found it.

Scrolling through Facebook, doing the usual procrastination of the mundane, when I see a post by a girl who I am not even sure I've ever had a conversation with. We were in the same grade, in 6th grade before I moved and she was always way above me, so why we are friends on FB, I have no idea. But I am grateful for all the years of posts I didn't care about because they allowed me to find this one. She has a friend, Devin Aadland, who has a talent and a passion and is doing something with it. He works with photography and art, and btw, is also in a band called Molly's Worst Enemy. I can't tell you why this was so meaningful to me, but something about this video really inspired me, it made me think back to my goals. Why am I where I am, and   am I doing what will help me get to where I want to go. His work inspires me to be who I want to be, to never change, and to be proud of that.

 His photog page: https://www.facebook.com/aadlandphotography
The video that changed my day:  Devin Aadland: Dec 8, 2012 2:42pm


Most of all, in the middle of this oh so stressful finals week, his short video gave  me a healing reprive from the tedious work of the unimportant and made me feel valuable again.
Shout out to Devin Aadland, you are a new hero of mine. When you do something big and shake the world, I'll be applauding from Seattle.


No comments: