Thursday, March 15, 2012

In the Rain

I ran up to her in the crowded cafeteria, I jumped and hugged her.
 My best friend, it was hard to tell who she was under all the stage makeup.
It was a wonderful show. It was an excellent show.
It made my cry inside, though outside I was aglow.
After offering congratulations to all in the cast, I left.
I snuck down the dark hallway and through the front door.
Into the rain I walked, illuminated by the street lamps from behind.
I walked and it rained and I watched as the silhouette behind me became a beautiful person.
The shadow reached out for mine. Their hands connected and turned me around.
 I kept walking as the lamp people danced in the rain.
As I passed another lamp post, I saw them leaning against it. Kissing in the rain. And I remembered.
What the heck am I doing? All this stuff? It isn't life.
To love is to live.
 And I'm missing out.

No comments: